Hi,
You may have to try a full 3D software for that.  AutoCAD??? I have not
found a good 3D replacement for that.
Good luck
Nicolas
On Jul 27, 2016 13:06, "Tyler Veinot-2 [via OSGeo.org]     "
<ml-node+s1560n5278415...@n6.nabble.com> wrote:

        Nicolas; Thank you, I have been experimenting with the grass tools
quite a bit lately. I didn't include them because they are not a plugin as
much as they are core function. I work mostly with vector layers i.e. pipe data
so I am not so much interested in the DEM profile, although it would be good to
see that too, as I am interested in showing the pipe profiles and how they
intersect manholes/junctions. Tyler  On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 2:21 PM, Tyler
Veinot < [hidden email] > wrote: Nicolas; Thank you, I have been