Nicholas;
Looking for more open source; AutoCAD is good but if I was to raise a PO I
would go for Esri Standard and the Arc Scene extensions.
Qgis2threejs, I think thats the right one, provides a very decent 3D render
of a XYZ dataset, but it takes some processing power and I see no way to
add a scale bar to the side to show elevations. What I am looking for is
something like Esri's profile viewer, been a long time since I used it so
that might not be the right name, where you draw a line, like a road centre
line, and it shows you a profile view of the geometries along that line. I
think you could even assign a width or buffer so that it would only return
geometries within a certain distance of the line. It basically showed it as
a graph and required very little processing power. Just trying to find
something similar in QGIS or other open source product for our field
operations and techs to use.
Tyler


On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 2:18 PM, Nicolas Cadieux <
nicolas.cadi...@archeotec.ca> wrote:

> Hi,
> You may have to try a full 3D software for that.  AutoCAD??? I have not
> found a good 3D replacement for that.
>
> Good luck
> Nicolas
>
> On Jul 27, 2016 13:06, "Tyler Veinot-2 [via OSGeo.org] " <[hidden email]
> <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=5278416&i=0>> wrote:
>
> Nicolas;
> Thank you, I have been experimenting with the grass tools quite a bit
> lately. I didn't include them because they are not a plugin as much as they
> are core function. I work mostly with vector layers i.e. pipe data so I am
> not so much interested in the DEM profile, although it would be good to see
> that too, as I am interested in showing the pipe profiles and how they
> intersect manholes/junctions.
> Tyler
>
>
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 2:21 PM, Tyler Veinot <<a
> href="/user/SendEmail.jtp?type&#61;node&amp;node&#61;5278415&amp;i&#61;0">[hidden
> email]> wrote:
>
> Nicolas;
> Thank you, I have been experimenting with the grass tools quite a bit
> lately. I didn't include them because they are not a plugin as much as they
> are core function. I work mostly with vector layers i.e. pipe data so I am
> not so much interested in the DEM profile, although it would be good to see
> that too, as I am interested in showing the pipe profiles and how they
> intersect manholes/junctions.
> Tyler
>
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 12:54 PM, Nicolas Cadieux <<a
> href="/user/SendEmail.jtp?type&#61;node&amp;node&#61;5278415&amp;i&#61;1">[hidden
> email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> There is a simple plugin called "profile tool" that works well with raster
> data.  For cleaning data, Grass has good topology tools in the processing
> plugin.
>
> Nicolas
>
> On Jul 27, 2016 11:36, "Tyler Veinot-2 [via OSGeo.org] " <<a 
> href="http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type&#61;node&amp;node&#61;5278405&amp;i&#61;0";>[hidden
> email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all;
> Anyone here use QGIS for a water and sewer utility that can suggest some
> good plugins for; structuring, processing, and/or cleaning data? Any plugin
> repositories that might be of interest to me?
> Also:
> Has anyone worked with profile views in QGIS? I tried a few plugins for
> viewing 3D datasets but I am interested to see what else is out there
> and/or is being worked on.
>
> Currently tried GHydraulics, mmqgis, networks, qgis_epanet, Qgis2threejs
> Thanks
> Tyler
>
> _______________________________________________
> Qgis-user mailing list
> <a
> href="/user/SendEmail.jtp?type&#61;node&amp;node&#61;5278402&amp;i&#61;0">[hidden
> email]
> List info: http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user
> Unsubscribe: http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user
>
> ------------------------------
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
> http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Profiles-in-QGIS-tp5278402.html
> To start a new topic under Quantum GIS - User, email <a
> href="/user/SendEmail.jtp?type&#61;node&amp;node&#61;5278415&amp;i&#61;2">[hidden
> email]
> To unsubscribe from Quantum GIS - User, <a href="
> http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro&#61;unsubscribe_by_code&amp;node&#61;4125267&amp;code&#61;bmljb2xhcy5jYWRpZXV4QGFyY2hlb3RlYy5jYXw0MTI1MjY3fDYzNDQ4MjQxNg&#61;&#61;";>click
> here.
> <a href="
> http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro&#61;macro_viewer&amp;id&#61;instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&amp;base&#61;nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&amp;breadcrumbs&#61;notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml
> <http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro&#61;macro_viewer&amp;id&%2361;instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&amp;base&%2361;nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&amp;breadcrumbs&%2361;notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>"
> style="font:9px serif">NAML
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
> View this message in context: Re: Profiles in QGIS
> <http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Profiles-in-QGIS-tp5278402p5278405.html>
> Sent from the Quantum GIS - User mailing list archive
> <http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Quantum-GIS-User-f4125267.html> at
> Nabble.com.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Qgis-user mailing list
> <a
> href="/user/SendEmail.jtp?type&#61;node&amp;node&#61;5278415&amp;i&#61;3">[hidden
> email]
> List info: http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user
> Unsubscribe: http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Qgis-user mailing list
> <a
> href="/user/SendEmail.jtp?type&#61;node&amp;node&#61;5278415&amp;i&#61;4">[hidden
> email]
> List info: http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user
> Unsubscribe: http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user
>
> ------------------------------
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
> http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Profiles-in-QGIS-tp5278402p5278415.html
> To start a new topic under Quantum GIS - User, email
> ml-node+s1560n4125267...@n6.nabble.com
> To unsubscribe from Quantum GIS - User, <a href="
> http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro&#61;unsubscribe_by_code&amp;node&#61;4125267&amp;code&#61;bmljb2xhcy5jYWRpZXV4QGFyY2hlb3RlYy5jYXw0MTI1MjY3fDYzNDQ4MjQxNg&#61;&#61;";>click
> here.
> <a href="
> http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro&#61;macro_viewer&amp;id&#61;instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&amp;base&#61;nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&amp;breadcrumbs&#61;notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml
> <http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro&#61;macro_viewer&amp;id&%2361;instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&amp;base&%2361;nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&amp;breadcrumbs&%2361;notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>"
> style="font:9px serif">NAML
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
> View this message in context: Re: Profiles in QGIS
> <http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Profiles-in-QGIS-tp5278402p5278416.html>
> Sent from the Quantum GIS - User mailing list archive
> <http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Quantum-GIS-User-f4125267.html> at
> Nabble.com.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Qgis-user mailing list
> Qgis-user@lists.osgeo.org
> List info: http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user
> Unsubscribe: http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user
>
_______________________________________________
Qgis-user mailing list
Qgis-user@lists.osgeo.org
List info: http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user
Unsubscribe: http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user

Reply via email to