Hi,
Reginald, in QGIS, Layer menu --> Save As ... (or simply a right-click on
the layer) helps you create a reproject the layer in another projection.
This is an easy way you could (actually) change the crs of your layers.
Once done, the clip process should have succeeded.
Changing the projection in the layer properties is not the way to do it.