Hi all,

For info to Norton Security Users,

Using QGIS 2.18.1 on Windows 7 sp1 64 bits.

Norton deleted twice, without warning, qgis-bin.exe + many .py files on my computer + modified many registry entries.

Message was "WS.Reputation.1", linked to the so-called SONAR function of Norton Security.

This is how it works : "WS.Reputation.1 is a detection for files that have a low reputation score based on analyzing data from Symantec’s community of users and therefore are likely to be security risks."

The Norton (french-speaking) Assistance confirmed me it is a false positive. I asked them to put QGIS on the White List.

NB: this is not the first time it happens for QGIS, see: https://community.norton.com/en/forums/qgis-issue.

Afterwards, I submitted also a demand for whitelisting, as a Norton user, on the Norton website (https://submit.symantec.com/false_positive/standard/), where qgis-bin.exe can be uploaded for testing.

I hope this will prevent any other disturbing false positive on Norton products. Any suggestion?

Paul