Burghardt,

Thanks for the pointers, they seen much more up to date than the older ones
pointed to by the QGIS web site.

I’ve been trying to build from the notes since you posted your suggestion and I
see what you mean about the matplotlib problem. I forked the Mac OS X build
notes on GitHub and started to work on them to see if I could get a working set
for the matplotlib problems but not much luck.  However, I do seem to have it
installed through pip or otherwise, so I worked past that step and have been
trying to get CMake to configure a makefile but there are problems there as
well.  I fixed a missing library by manually installing but I’m now having
problems with Qt5Positioning which is not being found.

its been a while since I was active in configuring build systems so I’m having
to clean off the dust in my memories and learn newer versions of the systems.

I get the impression that not much has been going on with Mac OS X dev builds
for at least a few months and quite a few dependancies have changed over that
time.  I’ll keep working on this and hopefully there are some other GIS testers
also interested in the Macs.

Let me know if you are still trying to get the Mac OS X dev build working or if
you have had success.

Regards,

John Harrop
jchar...@gmail.com