Per Witte wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Ive been fiddling around with sound on my Q60.
>
> Problem 1) Im using a standard PC speaker, but the sounds are so faint
> as to be barely audible. The Q60 manual says to use a speaker with an
> impedance of 32 or higher. Standard speakers are 8 Ohm, and I have yet
> to find an electronics shop that has heard of a 32 Ohm one. Is there
> another way to do this, or does anyone have a spare 3 - 4" speaker
> suitable for Qx0es kicking around that I could buy?

Maplin sells PC case size speakers in 8 Ohm and 64 Ohm versions, I bought
a 64 Ohm one to replace the 8 Ohm one that came with the case and the
loudness of sound improved. If you want louder sound SCAM International
sell an external pair of loudspeakers with transformer, that can be
plugged into the line out 3.5mm jack socket, this also has the
advantage of stereo.

This sounds like one to add to my Q60 FAQ.

--
                       Tarquin Mills (Chairman)
ACCUS (Anglia Classic Computer Users Society)