> >1. Multiple QXL.WINs on a single DVD. Users will need to know how to
> >set up for these in QPC2. Not all emulators can access QXL.WIN in a
> >sub-directory.
> I intend to tackle the details of QXL.WIN file handling in the next part
> of 'Start Here' in QL Today. I believe there is software to read QXL.WIN
> files on other systems but I did get reports of people being unable to
> access the QDT QXL.WIN files on the CD so I would be grateful for more
> details on this.
If Daniele Terdina, Rickard Zidlicky and Phoebus are lurking here today, can
you let us know if the various QemuLators and uQLxes can handle a QXL.WIN in a
sub-directory? e.g. can they access C:\foo\QXL.WIN

Or only C:\QXL.WIN, D:\QXL.WIN and so on?

Also, can a QXL access more than one QXL.WIN anywhere other than root
directory? Suspect the answer is no if using vanilla QXL SMSQ, yes if using qxl
smsq/e

The apparently simple answer is to put all the software into a single QXL.WIN,
but then you run into the infamous QL 36 character filename limit unless you
shorten directory names, I'm already close to that on some of the CDs. Even
worse, some of the emulators have files which even go beyond what you can put
on an ISO9660 CD, not to mention the QL fileame limit!