Hmmmm! I now wonder what I bought from Jochen when he sent me QPTR. I thought that was the Pointer Environment by itself. What I got was the QPTR Manual (now much used), a set of Qmac macros for programming assembler pointer programs using Qmac, QPTR extensions for programming Pointer Environment in SuperBASIC and some demo SuperBASIC programs.

Well, QPTR *WAS* the manual, the demo and macros on the disk plus the extensions to program the Pointer Environment from BASIC. :-)

PTR_GEN, WMAN and HOT_REXT, the so-called "Extended Environment", always
came with every JMS program which required it (QD, Fifi, QSpread ...)
("visually" free to the customer, although I paid Tony Tebby royalties
for the EE for every new sale, until recently, when he decided he did
not want it anymore)

What would one do with a separately bought PTR_GEN and WMAN and no program which uses it, I wonder????
Not much - except from having non-destructable windows, probably nothing.

Jochen

--
Jochen Merz Software - Kaiser-Wilhelm-Str. 302 - D-47169 Duisburg
   Tel. +49-(0)203-502011      Fax +49-(0)203-502012