----- Original Message -----
From: "Dilwyn Jones" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 1:27 PM
Subject: Re: Re: [ql-users] was... Just an idea for a new Product.....

> Some platforms actually offer the best of both worlds to some degree. Q40
and Q60 users can use SMSQ/E of QDOS CLassic. Aurora and QL users can choose
between SMSQ/E and QDOS (bearing in mind that SMSQ/E will not work on a
machine with only 128K of memory). There is a version of QemuLator which can
run either a QDOS ROM image or the Gold Card version of SMSQ/E. QPC users
can only use SMSQ/E, while QLAY, UQLX and Amiga QDOS users can only use QDOS
for example.

> Reading back through the above and realising quite how complex I've made
it sound, I hope I haven't caused too much confusion. It wasn't meant to be
a rant, honest guv!

> Dilwyn Jones

Perhaps we may now understand why it is difficult for somebody to try the
QL.
What can we do to improve compatability so newcomers can try without help?