In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Neil Riley
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

>Malcolm
>
>I have noticed on the initial startup screen that whilst the
>FUJITSU Hard Drive and the LITE-ON LTN526S CD rom gets
>mentioned, there is no mention of the 3.5"  DISK DRIVE, Also,
>the 3.5" drive light doesn't appear to illuminate at any point during
>the startup process even when i slap a disk in ( not a QL disk
>admittedly).
>
>This doesn't sound right to me ! perhaps this is a problem !
>
>Neil

I don't know how an Aurora is configured, yet under an OS like QDOS or
SMSQ/E you should always get access to a floppy disk.

I was suggesting that you get a boot file, from someone with a similar
set up, on floppy disk, to boot up from.

Then you can examine at your leisure the boot file on your hard drive
that is giving the problem.  Step by step.

On a PC, the order of a boot up device can be specified in the BIOS when
you first load up the machine at switch on.  Pressing F7 or Space are
often the keys used to interrupt the normal PC start up and drop in to
the BIOS.

The usual set up is - C: then A: - which is hard drive first, then the
floppy drive. To look where to boot from.

C: D: A: - would be hard drive, then CD-ROM, then floppy drive.

PS - I have a couple of the LITE-ON 52 speed CD-ROM drives, that you
mention, and I have found them excellent in use.

--
Malcolm Cadman