In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, John Gilpin
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

>Is there a convention to follow as regards where the reply goes? Sometimes I
>get replies at the top of the original email, sometimes individual comments
>interspersed in the Original message and sometimes at the bottom. Frequently
>it is difficult to know to what the new comments relate. If the "RULES" were
>to be pointed out to us wrong-doers, perhaps we would try harder next time.
>Obviously no Gold Star this time!!

OE can be set up to follow the usual conventions of a user list.

The convention is to keep the reply format as simple as possible, so
that everyone can follow it with whatever email software they may be
using.

On a users list it is usually better if a reply is below the quoted text
from someone else, then the top phrase of whom you are replying to makes
sense.

Although, there is a popular convention in emails to have the last
comment at the top, as this can be easier to read by being at the top.

The quote from another user should set to ">", the greater than sign.
This then gets increased by one more ">", to become ">>", etc, as more
replies are shown.

Also plain text at 80 characters per line, makes it simple and easy to
scan for reading.

--
Malcolm Cadman