In message <4e75c978.20...@rwapservices.co.uk>, Rich Mellor <r...@rwapservices.co.uk> writes

On 18/09/2011 07:43, Jochen Merz wrote:
Hi Malcolm,

Arrived in London, too, on Saturday 17th September 2011.
Very fast this time.

Tried the DVD on my desktop PC, and was not able to auto-start. From
directory, then saw files on the disc, yet no content.
Turned off PC, and re-started. Then disc not accessible format message.
Tried on my portable PC, and all is well.
Both machines are running Win XP Pro.
Any idea what could be the reason?

Could it be that the disk is a DVD- or a DVD+ and the one drive cannot read that format? Always a pain with DVD s!

Mine has also arrived and works - many thanks for this!

Hi Rich,

Umm ... never thought of different DVD formats ... :-(

On my desktop PC, my DVD is an external Phillips Rabbit RW. Which has always done everything without a fuss.

Fortunately, I also have a portable PC, and the DVD there is fine.

I am now reading a lot of article's and comments by yourself, and others, from the late 1990's.

--
Malcolm Cadman