Op Tue, 02 Apr 2013 14:22:37 +0200 schreef Dilwyn Jones <dil...@evans1511.fsnet.co.uk>:

Does QLIB compile directly from a file?

Might be worth looking at how programs like the Structured SuperBASIC and BASIC Linker work to see if anything can be learned from those, perhaps.

I write all my SBasic, without line numbers, in QD and test-run from there (SBAS/QD) before I save it as _bsl file.

BASIC-Linker loads such a file, adds line numbers and saves that as _bas.
Then it creates a _sav file from that and calls Qlib which compiles it.
This is all done from the GUI with the help of an ascii _ctrl file where names and options can be set. This can also be used to merge SBasic sections so you an create a library of modules that make up the whole program. BASIC-Linker puts very few restrictions on writing SBasic, the most tricky one is in using DATA & RESTORE.

Bob

--
The BSJR QL software site at: http://members.upc.nl/b.spelten/ql/