Hi Geoff,

I am happy to support this. When this gets off the ground, I will send in
my sponsorship money well before the event is held.

If you choose a location that has reasonable internet access, I'd like to
attend by telepresence, and show off some of the items we're designing and
making, a few more of which should be available by then.

Exciting times!

Dave

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 2:37 PM, Geoff Wicks <gtwi...@btinternet.com> wrote:

> Typed in afresh:
>
> I am pleased to report there is a glimmer of hope for QLis30.
>
> At the moment we are looking at the possibility of an event in Edinburgh,
> although the discussions are provisional.
>
> We are thinking of a late Autumn one day event, preferably on a Saturday,
> at a venue near the airport.
>
> A one day event is easier to get off the ground than a two day event for
> both financial and practical reasons with a greater choice of venues. One
> venue being considered is a church hall unavailable Sunday a.m.
>
> It would be possible to have some activity such as a meal on the Friday.
> Some of you will remember the last show held in Portslade in 2007. The hall
> was booked for one day but we had a very successful dinner the night before
> at an unusual Belgian restaurant.
>
> When the possibility of an event in Edinburgh was first raised some weeks
> ago several German QL-ers, very active in the QL-community, expressed an
> interest. We would like to get a group of developers and other highly
> active QL-ers together for both formal and informal contacts. We want a
> good cross fertilisation of ideas to hopefully give the QL a push forward.
>
> I have agreed to work on the theme, programme and content, but will need
> quite a bit of feedback. To avoid this email becoming too long, I'll write
> again in a few days time,
>
> Best wishes,
>

> Geoff

Dave Park