Err, except it wasn't me wot wrote that, Norman!!!

Dilwyn

Dilwyn asked: "...has huge problems with local variables, which seem
to lose their names when out of scope. If anyone knows how to reconnect
local variables to their names when they are out of scope, please let me
know. "

Could you explain, for the old and infirm (me), how you mean "goes out of scope", please?

I'm obviously not understanding what you wrote because a variable that goes out of scope, in any language, will become undefined, or completely missing, surely? Do any value it had, will be 'lost'.

Sorry if I'm being particularly thick this morning!

Cheers,
Norm.