Hi François,

Thanks for the pointer to Dilwyn's tutorial.

It is helpful but it doesn't contain what I was looking for. I did
eventually find the answer here:

http://www.qlforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1027

The solution involves PEEKing the window definition table, which is
effective, but not exactly obvious, at least if you've become unaccustomed
to 1980s programming conventions.

I have never written a Basic extension - it's a very long time since I last
attempted to write something in assembler, but this seems like a prime
candidate for my first attempt, assuming it doesn't already exist somewhere.

Rgds,

Daniel