Per Witte wrote :

>> When Windoze is running, QPC just about stops whatever it is doing. With
QPC
>> in the background, my Windoze pointer behaves strangely (sluggish,
>> disappears intermittently,..) in some programs. Changing the fore- and
>> background settings in the startup menu does not produce any detectable
>> effect.

On my (work) NT box, an 'idle' QPC session uses 98% of the processor time -
at least that's what task mangler tells me. This is when I have QED, GWASL,
QLTDIS, JMON and S*Basic running but all are waiting for me to type
something. I presume that this is just the scheduler internal to my 'virtual
QL' still doing it's stuff ? This is what makes the Windows portion of my QL
:o) sluggish.

HTH.

Norman.

PS. Settings on background/foreground priority are lowest. I tried setting
to normal, but this made things appear slower.

----
Norman Dunbar           EMail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Database/Unix administrator     Phone:  0113 289 6265
Lynx Financial Systems Ltd.     Fax:    0113 201 7265
----