Geoff Wicks wrote:

>I still get problems that puzzle me, however. My new program contains a lot
>of sprites. If I call a sprite using SPRW and its name, it works the first
>time I call it but not the second and subsequent times. The secret is to use
>SPRA to find its address and then call it using SPRW and the address.

I fell over this problem once, too. The most simple thing is to attach all the sprites
to the same appendix-file, you store your different menus in, and then - having
lrespred this
file or linked it in with REMark=asmb§§... in the QLiberated code, calling them by the
NUMBER (!)
they have in the attachment file. You can look them up with APPMAN. This is what Albin
meant by "address" (I once asked him about that). This works perfectly in my programs.

>There
>are lots of little things like this in EasyPTR that can make it confusing,
>particularly for the beginner.
Yes, that is indeed true :-) I wrote a series of three articles about
EasyPtr-programming
in German issues of QL-Today (when they still existed, sigh) where a lot of those
tiny, tricky
things were dealt with. Perhaps you could translate them ;-))

Wolfgang Uhlig

PS: strange e-mail address? I'm with friends in South-Germany. That's why!