Dilwyn Jones writes:

>Bad day? Bad week? Bad month? YOU BET THANKS TO
> ****** WINDOWS! If QL
<>
> Sorry to bring peezee rubbish onto this list guys, I had to get this
> off my chest before I explode. I have now worked in three places with

My deepest commiserations! When our cool, phlegmatic ST Dilwyn starts using
lots of asterisks and exclamation marks you know it must be real serious!
Better call in the bomb disposal guys before the bang devastates large
swaths of south-western UK.

Dilwyn, what I often find quite effective in such situations is to inject
60cc of concentrated Prozac straight into the cerebellum and lie down in a
darkened room to the soothing sound of whirring microdrives. The mantra
GATE-SKILL (a meaningless phrase) muttered repeatedly under ones breath
also helps to relieve tension in extreme cases. (However, it is normally a
good
idea to switch the latter off before resuming normal activities as a
malignant interpretation of it might get you into trouble with the Terrorism
Act.)

All the best,

Per

PS: THIS ADVICE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR "AS IS'' AND
ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT
NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.  IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL,
SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
(INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF
SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, LIFE, LIMB
OR SANITY, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY,
WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
(INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY
WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS ADVICE, EVEN IF ADVISED
OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.