Ian Pine writes:

<>
>Just looking at the hard disk details.  On a disk with a
>single QWA partition on it, which physical sector would that
>information be found in?

The QWA file system normaly has its Primary Partition Table at sector 0. To
check:

open#3; "win1_*d2d"
get#3\0; sec$: close#3
print sec$(1 to 4)

If that shows QLWA then youre looking directly at your hard disk partition
(a QXL.WIN-type FAT) If it says QWA youre looking at the QL PPT. To find
your QLWA FAT you need to get its starting sector out of the primary
partition table:

start_sector = $1c7 + win_no * 12

Check the location at start_sector to see that you got a QWA flag (rather
than GEM, LNX, etc).

For a single partition my guess is it would be located at sector #1, but
this would depend on what program was used to create the partition table(s)
and how it was created, as the GEM partitioning scheme (on which QWA is
based) allows for plenty of flexibility. However, I suspect, only a small
subset has been implemented in the Qx0 version of SMSQ/E, and a lot of that
is, lets say, in the early stages of development (SMSQ/E v 2.9x).

Per

              • ... wlenerz
              • ... dndsystems1
              • ... wlenerz