>Speaking of Sbasic... Wouldn't it be nice to avoid 'word clashes' by
>following some kind of convention?

Interesting. I've been thinking about the same thing recently.  And not just confined
to clashing toolkits.  By extending SBASIC in an uncontrolled manner you run the risk
of older programs not being able to run properly because the names of procedures and
functions they define happen to use clashing names.
Ironically, the design concept of SBASIC to allow this extensibility could well become
its biggest weakness for distributable 3rd party software utilities. Not a problem
when you only run your own code because you are in complete control.
Apart from appointing a registrar to allocate name prefixes (but then, how would you
police their use?) I can only think of radical solutions to the problem, which would
involve fundamental changes to the concept of SMSQ/E and SBASIC.

Ian

<SNIP>

>Speaking of Sbasic... Wouldn't it be nice to avoid 'word clashes' by
>following some kind of convention?
>An example to illustrate this?
>I've just discovered W. Lenerz' ARRAY_BIN. Nice extension, but
>unuseable. Why? It contains 'sort' and 'search' and these words are
>already present in other extensions that I use every day.( reset,
>search,sort,count,lower$,upper$,... are used in at least 3
>toolkits/extensions ... and they aren't compatible).

related financial instruments.

              • ... Jochen Merz
              • ... Wolfgang Lenerz
              • ... Dave P