This is probably a case of Famous Last Words, but:

How hard can it be to set up a web-based pop3 client?

Given that all I want is to give my existing users access to their mail
through the web.  Look at Web-pop (an add-on for MDaemon) to see what I
mean.

Admittedly, I am no programmer, but wouldn't it be (relatively) easy to
write a cgi (or perl or something) script sending appropriate commands
to my pop3 server?

This is another task with an unreasonable deadline, any ideas other than
buying a package which costs many US dollars? (our exchange rate sucks
big lumpy bits)

My only requirement is that we can stick with qmail - I have spent way
too much sweat learning linux and qmail (simultaneously)  to want to
dump either of them.

Also, are there any web-based remote administration packages out there?
More specifically, I need to be able to provide privilidged users with
the right to add users remotely.

Oh, I wrote in about a week ago, saying that I was setting up qmail on
RedHat 5.1, couldn't retreive remote mail, etc.

I am sure lots of people replied (hint, hint)  but I wouldn't have
known, because soon after I sent it through, our mail server (Exchange,
ack, ptew) fell over.

A blessing in disguise!  with exchange gone, I started receiving
incoming mail, and since installing checkpassword  (shouldn't this
package be mentioned in the documentation somewhere?????   (apologies if
it is)), I can read mail through a pop3 client...
--

Allen Versfeld
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"I hate quotations" - Ralph Waldo Emerson