On Fri, Aug 04, 2000 at 07:11:52PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:

> syslog timestamps are amazingly annoying to try to parse.  TAI64 is
> trivial to parse.  This is a significant improvement.
>
> ISO date/time format would also have been easy to parse, and I would have
> been slightly happier with that, but TAI64 is definitely a *huge*
> improvement over syslog if you want to do anything at all automated with
> the logs.

OK.  I can see where that is a strong argument for TAI64n.  I have tried
to develop a way of converting from TAI64n to a human readable format
but I'm afraid I'm having difficulty comprehending the format.  Has
anyone written any perl/python code that translates to a human readable
format?  Or can offer a brief "pseudo-code" algorithm?

Or even a more clear description of the format would be helpful.  Dan's
writeup left me a bit lost...

Gracias,
Ben

--
Ben Beuchler                                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
MAILER-DAEMON                                         (612) 321-9290 x101