On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 21:29:48 -0700, Erik Espinoza wrote:
> Cool. Very nice. Perhaps if there is some interest, I will develop a
> Dovecot qt package, but I don't really see the point. Perhaps you
> could help me understand. Are there any particular reasons why you
> want to use Dovecot over Courier?

I actually don't have that much experience with Dovecot, but more than
Courier. I would vote in favor of using Dovecot for the following
reasons:

- It is part of the RHEL 4 distribution. It is already installed, and I
can trust the source. Patches are automatically available via up2date.
(Obviously this is only something that applies to RHEL people, but is
important for me.)

- It is very easy to configure.

- It is _supposedly_ more modular, secure, and reliable than courier.

See: http://www.dovecot.org/doc/

Since this is already installed and running, and apparently hooks into
vpopmail, I will probably just keep on using it.

What about you, any particular reason for me to use Courier (or more
specifically, the QT Courier package)?

Quinn