New files is not a problem. Rsync recognize a file change and is not copied when copying (error 24). Even if copied so that's okay, because other running repairs the file. Rsync default does not delete files in the target directory so that files accumulate and there is a backup of everything that has been saved.

Yes, it vznitknout mess. So that the file is moved from /new to / cur, and rsync he copied 2x there and there, or name changes.

However, the deposit is done at night when decent people are sleeping. And even if the file in the backup 3x, it's better than 0x.

Later it restores only /cur or as needed.

Havrla