I agree that there may be more than one way to do things right. This I don't have a problem with. My problem, just so we are clear, are UX/UI designers who come up with something "new" but do not base the new design on any type of user research, studies or actual user feedback that tells them that the new design is subjectively easier to use. And I see a lot of designers just following the person in front of them without actually asking any questions.

But, I guess that is enough for today. Now the world knows my frustrations with UI, and just not my Gen-X software engineers. :-)

--
Mike Jackson  [mike.jack...@bluequartz.net]

Ariel Molina wrote:
Mike,

It's romantic to look at good old times, and I understand your
frustration, but things are just not that way now. You need the market force
of Apple, Google or Microsoft to set a trend (just like skeu-then-flat,
paper and metro).

Better to adapt, there are more than one way to do things right,

Cheer up!

Ariel

On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 11:21 AM, Mike Jackson <imikejack...@gmail.com