The hints I get from this e-mail is that the issues described aren't really UI
related at all (as long as they didn't implement the fetching of e-mails and
akonadi/IMAP in JS, which I highly doubt).

> Sorry, but I honestly tried to find some info and screenshots googling "KMail
> Touch", and the first 20 or so hits link to issues about performance.

My first link was

http://be-jo.net/2011/09/kontact-touch/

(however, might be because google defaults to German for me).

> Maybe that little mail client is already too complex for QML, even in
> combination with C++? I don't want to know what happens when it comes to
> *real* desktop applications with regards to to resources usage and
> performance...

Sorry, but this is spreading FUD. It's true that QML builds on top of the
JavaScript language. But that doesn't mean that you can blame the JavaScript
interpreter for everything :) E.g. object creation doesn't involve JavaScript,
simple bindings are optimized away too ...

> p.s. Sorry, I know my above comment was a bit too cynical. But I saw it fit my
> main concerns towards the usage of JavaScript. And I'll come up with a
> separate thread, showing some hard evidence why I am not very convinced
> of the usage of JavaScript (and YES, you didn't see me type QML!) in a large
> scale application such as a video editing software (think Final Cut Pro),
> photo
> editor (think Gimp, think Photoshop, ...), or CAD/simulation software...

Looking forward to some hard evidence :)

Regards

Kai