Sorry, but i don't believe in open-source development. And stop telling me to
"do it yourself" - i won't. I'm not paid for that. I'd better change framework
and do my job without Qt, if i'll be sure that bugs in that framework will be
fixed properly. Qt is great framework, because it was development by company,
not opensource geeks (like GTK). Only thing i see - Qt is dying, because of
disappearing support for desktop, and no mobile platforms with any future.
Take for example this bug - https://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-3116 -
3 years old. In my opinion, it can be fixed in an hour - one 'if' and one cocoa
method call. The problem is that i need to learn cocoa to determine how this
toolbar height is calculated. I will spent maybe days of work for 2-3 lines of
code.

I really can imagine how many code should be written to implement common
'widgets' in qml with all functionality that already present in 2d widgets. All
i afraid is that we will receive small amount of qml components and we will
have to do everything by hand in qml with no ability to fallback to 2d widgets
(which have no support even now).

About people who worked for 15 years - i've heard they are living nokia. Dunno
why.

11.10.2011, в 15:38, Alexis Menard написал(а):

On Oct 10, 2011, at 3:05 PM, Иван Комиссаров wrote:

> I know that no one will remove QWidgets.
>
> But i need bug fixes. Bugs that i reported to Qt bug tracker about TWO YEARS
> old, some of them with high priority. Even merge requests are waiting for
> weeks to be reviewed. So please, stop developing that cool stuff for
> developing 100line applications and fix what you have already done.

Dude in some days there will be Qt Project. Get your reviewer or "whatever name
it has" rank and review stuff yourself, fix, and improve QWidget.

Qt is just like any open source project now. Nokia doesn't want to work on
QWidget then that's just the way it is, if there is a community for QtWidget
then it will naturally step up.

Don't complain about people that did the job during 15 years, are not anymore
paid by customer to do so but work on a company which has different vision and
think it's pointless to work on those. This is opensource, you disagree, just
leave and use GTK or whatever. You're just annoying with your FUD, you
pointless point of view about platforms and your erroneous statements all over
the thread.

Life change, developement change, projects change that's the way it is.
Companies work and invest time on what they think it's important for them. Qt
is about to be as open as ever, you can take care of Qt3Support/QWidget/QMovie
or whatever if that make sense to you.