On 12 Jan 2017, at 18:47, Paul Jakma wrote:

On Thu, 12 Jan 2017, Martin Winter wrote:

similar to what was discussed last year (and blocked by Paul’s veto) for

Urg, you just can't help spin.

_EVERY MAINTAINER_ had a veto. Further, objections from the wider community were also usually honoured. *DAVID* vetoed stuff. *YOU* have objected to stuff and had it honoured. Even after David was suspended, his objections were still honoured.

Objection against something and a veto are different things. I do believe everyone should speak up if he thinks something is the wrong way, but also accept to be overruled by a majority. But then you made it clear that this isn’t a democracy or anything and this is your fork and it’s your
way or the highway.

I'm not claiming the model was perfect - it may have been past its sell by date.

Anyway, Why are you here Martin? What are you trying to achieve?

Because I care about Quagga and previously didn’t expect to withdraw my support and work for it.

So basically Transparency and Clarification:

1) Would be good for people to know that they can’t come to me anymore for Quagga Security Issues. I think this is now clear, but there are others who got removed too. Would be good to know who is still
on the list so I can redirect questions.
(BTW: Email to list doesn’t work - it’s seems to all end up on waiting for a moderator approval. You should
fix this for a list to report security issues)

2) Clarification if you want anyone from NetDEF to stop providing any help on Quagga. I didn’t expect to withdraw from it, but it sounds like this is your wish. Happy to comply and no screaming needed. A simple
email with a clarification would be all that’s needed.

- Martin Winter