On Sunday, November 13, 2016 at 5:01:59 PM UTC-8, entr0py wrote:
> Eric:
> > Just bought a laptop with a Skylake processor for running Qubes, and from
> > looking around on Intel's website it appears that no Skylake Core-branded
> > processors support Intel TXT. Any point in running Anti-Evil-Maid at this
> > point? Can I use a YubiKey to store hashes of the xen/initramfs and use
> > that for AEM? (probably not, since it's a USB device?)
> >

> I was just looking around for information on AMT/ME a minute ago. It appears
> that some Skylake Core i5/i7's do support TXT. (On their website, TXT might
> fall under the umbrella of vPro.)
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Core_i5_microprocessors#Skylake_microarchitecture_.286th_generation.29_2
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Core_i7_microprocessors#Skylake_microarchitecture_.286th_generation.29_2

Yes, I misspoke. It appears that the processor/chipset on the computer I
purchased does not have/support vPro or TXT (though Intel ME is apparently
disabled, which is a win, I guess?). So hard to find something that checks all
the boxes for me. My threat model currently doesn't include Evil Maids, so I'm
probably ok. Shame, though. Hopefully it doesn't close the door on Qubes 4
compatibility. (It does have SLAT and VT-(d/x).