Well I'm just a layman but from my little experience i prefer systemd cause its
easier to handle running system processes. but from bootup time standpoint it
seems to make no diff.

I dunno what it is. I started linux with fedora but itseems it started to get
super buggy after fedora19 to the point I switched to debian and ignored the
false extra security I thought it gave me.  I felt like a bigger target using
it for some reason.

I thought problems were due to switch to dnf which just made updates unbearable
as if some sick joke on fedora users.  but all sorts of baremetal problems with
it.  maybe it was the change to systemd? or Kernels keep getting worse? More
people using linux but they don't really use it? lol I dunno I started on
Fedora 14 ir 15 not sure when it got systemd actually. Debian is stable and
quiet. I made the switch debian.  arch can be real lighweight and less buggy
but has same kernel probs as fedora. They similar in ways.  fedora 22 was nail
in coffin for me.   Its like let me put a target on my forehead with the word
dumb and a bullseye.  One good thing it gets updates super fast.  Alot of qubes
user complaints areabout poor support for cutting edge hardware.  Think thats
reason qubes uses fedora.  I'd rather fedora then ubuntu lmao...

I use to use slackopuppy it was great, talk about lightweight. and fully
functional. security conscious too.