On 2017-06-19 12:56 AM, taii...@gmx.com wrote:
> I don't care how much cash they give to the devs purism is a scam plain
> and simple, don't buy from them.
> https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/3anjgm/on_the_librem_laptop_purism_doesnt_believe_in/

Your news is old. The latest hardware revisions of the 13 and 15 inch
models will ship with coreboot:

https://phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Librem-13-v2-More-Coreboot

Although to be fair, I'm not sure what'll happen with the older models
and if it's easy to flash it yourself.

They'll still rely on the Intel ME (like all modern Intel laptops) but
it looks like ME Cleaner works on these models too. For now, that's the
best that anyone can hope for.

https://puri.sm/coreboot/

That said, I still think they're overpriced for what you get. I'm on the
fence on whether or not it's worth the premium to have something with
coreboot and a neutered ME pre-installed so I don't have to disassemble
the thing myself in order to flash the chips. Certainly not with the
exchange rates the way they are right now.