On 01/18/2018 04:00 PM, Alex Dubois wrote:

If you have multiple GPU (i.e. integrated + NVidia), it is possible with Xen to
do GPU pass-through (Assign the NVidia GPU to a dedicated VM) however:
- It is far from trivial and only limited setups are known to work
- The security of it is not as robust (I can't remember where I read that, I
think it was in the GPU Pass-through page of the Xen wiki)

I have tried with limited success few years back (only one boot and was never
able to get it back after)...

I do this all the time to play games and watch movies.

I recommend either a quality server board or a platform that has libre or open source firmware so that IOMMU issues can be fixed if they happen.

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't see the issue with an apparmor restricted qemu running in dom0...