On Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 11:10:05 AM UTC+1, ThierryIT wrote:
> Le lundi 29 janvier 2018 09:00:23 UTC+2, ThierryIT a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > Not possible anymore to hide "un-running VMs" ?
> > By the way, is it possible to create in Qubes Manager folders to be able to
> > sort out VMs ?
> >
> > Thx
>
> nobody ?

It's not possible no, and I doubt it will be before someone re-makes the
Manager from almost the beginning (a lot of work).

The Qubes Manager was only brought back because of people asking for it, but it
was never intended or designed to work together with Qubes 4, and it did not
receive the required re-make work to get a proper working manager, so the
current old-new manager is buggy, slow, and newer Qubes 4+ features cannot be
implemented as it is. The problem is Qubes 4 works very differently, and from
what I read from earlier developer posts a year ago or so, it would take
extensive work, effort and time to re-make the Qubes Manager for Qubes 4. In
addition, the Qubes Manager was seen as being something akin to "bloat", it was
not making Qubes feeling like you used any other normal computer system. The
Qubes developers goal is not only maximum possible security, it's also
user-ability and ease-of-use without making compromises to security. Removing
the Qubes Manager was seen as a stepping stone towards that goal. While Qubes 4
isn't quite finished yet, and not ready to entirely let go of the Qubes
Manager, the idea (I believe) was to get there as soon as possible. It was
never intended to bring back the Qubes Manager, now known as the Qube Manager,
notice the removal of the letter "s". The new-old Qube Manager's re-name, is
probably to put emphasis on the fact that it's now only a VM-tool, and not a
system-wide Qubes OS tool.

Also it's been explicitly said that no Qubes 4 existing features will be added
to the new-old Qube Manager. Which might also hint towards no changes coming to
Qube Manager. If anything, it has to be re-made almost entirely to work well
with Qubes 4+, and currently no one is doing that. Maybe we'll see it in Qubes
5, or later? Who knows, but I don't think we need a manager like this though,
Qubes 4 works just fine without one, just like how the developers intended it
to be. Sure the Qubes 4 approach could be polished a bit to make up not having
a Qube Manager, but they managed to get pretty far already, it just needs a bit
more to make the Qube Manager completely redundant. Until then, either use
secondary tools, or use the old-new Qube-Manager.

Try get used to the change instead. If you want to see memory/CPU use, then use
other tools, like top, htop, xentop, etc. (the list is long).

The most difficult thing about Qubes, is to get used to change. The same
difficulty getting used to Qubes for the first time using it, goes too for
changing from Qubes 3.2. to Qubes 4.0. The very way a user is meant and
designed to interact with Qubes, has indeed changed in Qubes 4.0.