On Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at 10:51:12 PM UTC+1, QUBE-A-LICIOUS wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have a fresh install of Qubes 4r4.  However, when I reboot and or login I
> have to manually change dom0 time to UTC.
>
> Impact: Whonix/Tor does not work because of the incorrect time.
>
> Manual workaround:
> 1.  Get the correct UTC from a browser.
> 2.  Open Dom0 Terminal and update to UTC such as the following:
>
>       sudo date --set "2018-02-13 21:30"
>
> 3. Shutdown Service:sys-whonix
> 4.  Restart a whonix domain such as Domain:anon-whonix(this restarts the
> sys-whonix service that was just shutdown.
> 5.  Then run WhonixCheck to make sure it works.  It usually does and
> Whonix/Tor is functional.
>
> =================
> Qubes cannot be this bad, really.
>
> How can I have this Date and time correctly updated on boot up?  Like it
> should.
>
> Thanks for all your help.
> NSJ

Most times it is easy to point on another guilty one instead looking what may
happen with the own stuff. So far you are the only one with this misbehavior.
Qubes works as expected - at least in this point.
But most user already experienced this behavior; qubes-os or any other
distribution.
The keyword is hwclock. You always update the software-based time, but if you
restart, all temporary data is gone. (should)
So your OS fetches at boot the time from the bios.
If you update your time within the qubes-os, you should update your hardware
clock (hc) as well: sudo hwclock --systohc
If your time resets when you unplug your device from power supply, your
device's battery is flat.