Everyone knows those issues on this board and its understood.  Point being he
asked for present day high end laptop but at the same time I will agree with
you that for most basic use models its not so much the processor as it is ram
amount but one thing for sure is you can not recommend a PC that one is not a
laptop and two has no xen or qubes support i.e talon/powerpc.

I think its rather moot talking about intel backdoors when its 100% plausible
that countless firmwares are backdoored.  Its been mentioned numerous times by
Joanna Marek and others that at some point at this current point in consumer
computing ayou must accept trust.  Whatever that point is may be different for
different people but unless you are going to make a computer from silicon up
and every line of code to include a compiler etc you must trust at some level.
Thus the whole idea of picking and choosing which of the possible violation is
unacceptable is rather moot