On 03/13/2018 07:24 PM, Drew White wrote:
Hi folks,

I've searched and searched and I am unable to locate the information I require.

I'm trying to get a VPN to work from a ProxyVM.
It is failing with no reason why.

From the NetVM I am able to connect the VPN.

What is it that I am doing wrong please?
There has to be something?

Doesn't matter if I use Debian or Fedora as the ProxyVM.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Drew.

The current VPN doc is here:

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/vpn/

It is in need of an update (Qubes 4.0 and ease of use) and we're waiting for review and approval of new scripts and documentation.

You can get something very close to the proposed update by using Qubes-vpn-support instead:

https://github.com/tasket/Qubes-vpn-support

This one is much easier to setup, reconnects more reliably and now supports Qubes 4.0.

BTW.... If for some reason you prefer to use Network Manager in a proxyVM instead of the scripts, the anti-leak firewall script (proxy-firewall-restrict) will still work. All you have to do (insteal of running "install") is replace qubes-firewall-user-script, for example:

ln -s -f /rw/config/proxy-firewall-restrict /rw/config/qubes-firewall-user-script

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket