On 26/01/2019 2.39 AM, 799 wrote:
> Am Sa., 26. Jan. 2019, 04:33 hat Andrew David Wong
> <a...@qubes-os.org> geschrieben:
>

>> Please take a look at this issue:
>>
>> https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/3571
>

> Happy to see that this topic (no clipboard from dom0) is at least
> known. I don't agree that copying from dom0 is dangerous because
> "The user could have secrets in dom0, e.g., keyfiles".
>

> My passwords are in a vault VM and if someone messes up handling
> from dom0 it is very likely that he/she didn't understand the
> security concept behind Qubes and therefore the user is likely the
> biggest attack surface NOT the clipboard.

There are legitimate uses for secrets in dom0. For example, the
Qubes backup system requires the encryption secret for the backup to
be in dom0.

> Please offer a solution where the user can choose (free
> software!!) to enable/disable the clipboard (choosing means
> freedom).

Well, "free software" doesn't mean that anyone else is forced to
implement whichever features you personally want for you in order to
give you all the choices you want. Rather, it means that you're free
to modify the software yourself in order to use it the way you want:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_software

- --
Andrew David Wong (Axon)
Community Manager, Qubes OS