awokd wrote on 4/10/19 8:50 PM:

Got my build environment going, but I think I am missing a step. I edit /home/user/qubes-builder/chroot-dom0-fc25/home/user/rpmbuild/BUILD/xen-4.8.5/xen/arch/x86/acpi/power.c with the above patch. Then I run "make vmm-xen". Then I see it has overwritten my change and the code is no longer commented out. What am I doing wrong?

Never mind, forgot I had noted this down a while back:

cd /home/user/qubes-builder
sudo chroot chroot-dom0-fc25
su user
cd ~
make -C rpmbuild/BUILD/xen-4.8.5/xen

Then copy from the chroot's home/user/rpmbuild/BUILD/xen-4.8.5/xen/xen.{gz,efi} .

For some reason closing & opening the lid doesn't do anything any more. Don't understand what that section of code would have to do with it. However, if I choose Suspend from the menu, and then hit a key it successfully resumes! Thank you, that is very interesting. It would be good to figure out what's broken and upstream the fix...