> Check to make sure "rhgb quiet" didn't get added to your boot options.
> Also, isn't it ctrl-alt-F2, or is that only once inside XFCE?

There is no rhgb quiet in /boot/efi/EFI/qubes/xen.cfg
I have been pressing just F2 to unlock Kernel with passphrase for over a
year now and i was being able to read dmesg messages until XFCE login
prompt.
Already tried combinations of ctrl-alt-F2, alt-ctrl-Fx, alt-Fx and none
shows the console.

Today's Kernel update showed some dmesg but way after kernel unlocking and
right before XFCE Login.

My guess, it might be driver related. I do run qubes with a rx 480 since my
mobo/cpu does not have intel grafix.

My xen.xfg,
options=loglvl=all dom0_mem=min:1024M dom0_mem=max:4096M iommu=no-igfx ucode
=scan smt=off pci=noaer

(Since install, there have been countless pcieport 0000:00:01.1: AER:
Corrected error received: 0000:00:01.1 messages with PCIe Bus Error:
severity=Corrected from the rx 480 and tried to stop displaying them with
pci=noaer but the option has not helped yet.)

Since i do not exactly remember where i added the pci=noaer, i cannot find
/etc/default/grub to eddit options, could you be so kind and point as to
where one modifies kernel options?