> I hate to break that feeling, but Fedora is unique in that it doesn't
> sign its repo metadata, and sadly that is what matters. They put a
> bandaid on it by fetching more hashes via https... so the update
> security in Fedora is based on the strength of https. That is bad, as
> https can be subverted by resourceful attackers.

On the other hand, following the instructions on these sites shows me that
/etc/yum.conf and the repos in /etc/yum.repos.d/  all have gpgcheck=1. I'm
not sure what this means.

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/security-guidelines/

https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/12/html/Deployment_Guide/sec-Configuring_Yum_and_Yum_Repositories.html