On 8/6/20 12:23 PM, fiftyfourthparal...@gmail.com wrote:
On Friday, 7 August 2020 00:13:52 UTC+8, Chris Laprise wrote:

    IIRC that setting refers to checking packages, not the repomd.xml
    files.
    That's why an attacker can't replace packages with their own versions;
    they have to manipulate the metadata to hold back packages from
    receiving updates.

-- Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
    https://github.com/tasket
    https://twitter.com/ttaskett
    PGP: BEE2 20C5 356E 764A 73EB  4AB3 1DC4 D106 F07F 1886

So as long as I verify that the version numbers of packages in dom0 match those of the actual repo website, I can assume that my dom0 updates have not been tampered with by adversaries?

Yes. Note that Qubes Security Bulletins are issued for vulns that affect dom0 and they reference the package versions that contain the patches. For example:

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/34eddc9a-300c-743c-cb12-acc677f5784f%40qubes-os.org

However, most vulns that affect templates are not addressed by QSBs because they're not Qubes-specific. That's one reason to avoid Fedora templates in general.