'qtpie' via qubes-users <qubes-users@googlegroups.com> writes:

- Does anyone have a comparable setup and what xrandr command do you use?
- Is there an alternative to using xrandr under i3?

Do you have tried to use an utility such as lxrandr or arandr to generate
the command of xrandr for you ?

Also, how do you change your keyboard settings under i3/Fedora/Qubes? I want to use the us-altgr-intl keymap. Under i3 when I do $ localectl set-keymap us-altgr-intl in a qube vm terminal, this has no effect in applications. The right alt key instead remains used to open menu's (altgr+f for File, altgr+e for Edit, etc.) If I could use altgr-intl and
retain that functionality that would actually be great.

localectl is an utility correlated to systemd, its changes only takes effect
*after* a reboot and must be applied in the templateVM.

To change your keymap on the fly you should use setxkbmap. Its changes only
last the session.
‘setxkbmap -layout us -variant altgr-intl’

I have bugs with localectl. (options will not clean) Instead I export my own
keymap with xkbcomp and loads it in session scripts.

For the qubes way to change the vm keymaps, idk sorry. I only know it does
not allow to change your keyboard options so I looked away.