В Wed, 20 Mar 2024 17:00:34 +0000
Jorgen Harmse <jhar...@roku.com> пишет:

> Thank you, but I think I was already using utils.
>
> Regards,
> Jorgen.
>

> > environment(install.packages)
>
> <environment: namespace:utils>
>
> > utils::install.packages('/Users/jharmse/Library/CloudStorage/OneDrive-RokuInc/jhBase_1.0.1.tar.gz',type='source',repos=NULL)
> >

> Error in library(jhBase) : there is no package called ‘jhBase’

Sorry, then it has been my mistake to blame RStudio for this.

We can try debugging this. If you start a fresh R process and run
tools:::.install_packages(path_to_tarball), the installation will (try
to) proceed in the current process instead of a child process. Once it
fails, traceback() will be available to show you where the error
condition has been raised. What does it say?

Alternatively,

1. Check the package R files for stray library() calls. Generally,
packages should not be calling library().

2. Try a "binary search" approach. Make a copy of your package code but
remove half of the files (or half of the functions if they live in a
single file). Keep removing a half (or go to the other half) depending
on whether the same error keeps happening.

Good luck!

--
Best regards,
Ivan