В Wed, 20 Mar 2024 12:37:39 -0400
Ben Bolker <bbol...@gmail.com> пишет:

> Ivan, can you give more detail on this? I've heard this issue
> mentioned, but when I open RStudio and run find("install.packages")
> it returns "utils::install.packages", and running dump() from within
> RStudio console and from an external "R --vanilla" gives identical
> results.

Has this been fixed in a recent RStudio version? This is what I get on
a Windows virtual machine:

> install.packages
function (...)
.rs.callAs(name, hook, original, ...)
<environment: 0x000000000c49b740>
> install.packages(file.choose())
Installing package into ‘C:/Users/User/AppData/Local/R/win-library/4.3’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
Warning in install.packages :
  package ‘C:\path\to\mypackage_1.0.tar.gz’ is not available
for this version of R

A version of this package for your version of R might be available
elsewhere, see the ideas at
https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-patched/R-admin.html#Installing-packages
> utils::install.packages(file.choose())
Installing package into ‘C:/Users/User/AppData/Local/R/win-library/4.3’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
inferring 'repos = NULL' from 'pkgs'
* installing *source* package 'mypackage' ...
** using staged installation
** libs

--
Best regards,