Hi Stephen,

- is there a JavaScript MVC framework that is suitable to use with
racketscript? (should I be using react or angular ?)

I can not speak for Angular, but I think React should be suitable. You'll have to use ES5 API instead of classes and JSX, and therefore may want to build a small layer in between for things to look nicer.

- can I use Racketscrips with racket web applications stuff for the
backend or am I compiling racketscript to nodejs to run on the server?

RacketScript provides a small FFI to interact with JS stuff. You can use some NodeJS library, to write server-side code. Our Playground[1] client and server is built entirely using RacketScript.

I would also like to add that RacketScript is not entirely Racket. Our aim is to preserve Racket semantics as much as possible, but drop expensive features. Specifically, RacketScript does not implement proper tail calls (we try to convert self-tail calls to loops) and continuations. Among other things, we use JS numbers, do not support submodules and make fewer runtime checks.

Note that RacketScript is not ready for production use, and is constantly changing. Therefore, we do not recommend it for anything big and serious at the moment. Despite that, we encourage developers to try RacketScript and share their experiences with us.

--Vishesh

[1] https://github.com/vishesh/racketscript-playground

Thanks again
On Sun, 22 Jan 2017 at 14:11, Jens Axel Søgaard <jensa...@soegaard.net