On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 09:57:01AM -0400, David Storrs wrote:
Still, I'm also interested in the original question:  if I wanted an
interactive GUI terminal in Racket, what's the best way to do it?

Another thing you can look at is my Rackterm package[1].  It is currently an
undocumented mess (and the first Racket project I made over a couple hundred
lines), but it is also a reasonably compliant xterm that handles colors/styles,
curses applications (eg. emacs and vim work fine in it), etc.  I've always
intended to clean up the parser and make it available as a library for
applications that want to parse and use input with ANSI control characters in
it, make the various pieces available as stable interfaces for embedding
terminals into applications, etc.  I haven't gotten around to doing that, but
there is an unstable terminal-canvas.rkt that provides the terminal gui widget.

[1] https://github.com/willghatch/rackterm