On Sat, 16 Sep 2017 10:08:56 -0400
Matthias Felleisen <matth...@ccs.neu.edu>
wrote:

> When you watch the presentations of people who present with
> latex/beamer, you notice that most just excerpt the paper. This
> reduces the amount of time needed to prepare the presentation and the
> quality of the presentation at the same time.

That's true.

> A paper/handout and a presentation are two completely different ways of
> bringing across intuition and if you connect them, you miss a chance.

I must admit in for most of the presentaions I do, flip-chart is the only tool
I use since I prefer its interactivity and consider it's better for *teaching*.

> In this sense, you’re at an advantage with scribble and slideshow -)
> The bit of disconnect forces you to rethink the presentation. Pict is
> a bit of a connection between the two.

Thank you - I confess I was not really aware of the pict's existance as
separate package.

>  — my use of scribble is restricted to a few papers with PhD students
>       and How to Design Programs/2e.

Have you served it well for HtDP2e?

>  — I do not use slideshow only pict.

That's interesting, indeed.

Maybe I should mentioned that I do non-technical presentations...

Sincerely,
Gour

--
One who is not disturbed in mind even amidst the threefold
miseries or elated when there is happiness, and who is free