On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 2:17 PM, Philip McGrath <phi...@philipmcgrath.com>
wrote:

> I took the steps you described and I no longer get the doubled program
> contour, but I do get results like the screenshot of my experiment with
> text:inline-overview-mixin
> I sent
> earlier (maybe that's what the contour is supposed to look like now?). In
> both cases, drawing the contour on top of the actual text seems to me to be
> causing a problem: in, for example, line 219 of the following screenshot,
> the overview covers up part of the program source, and I can't scroll to
> reveal the covered part. In the example I sent earlier, auto-wrap is on,
> but wrapping places text under the overview, and again it isn't possible to
> scroll to uncover the text.
>
> Is this the way this is supposed to work now? Is there some way to prevent
> the overview from covering up text in the editor?

Currently the only way is to type cmd-u (temporarily turning it off) or, of
course, making the window wider.

It would not work well to adapt the current implementation so that
scrolling works. It would be doable, however, to adapt the current
implementation so there was a preference to move it into its own separate
canvas% object that lived beside the text (like the old contour). I opted
for the current setup, as typing cmd-u is fast and because you don't have
to pre-allocate space for the contour that could profitably be used for
lines in, say, only one part of the file.

That said, I can understand how you migth like to have the option. If you
(or anyone!) has interest in making a pull request, I can provide basic
guidance.

Robby