Hi,

Replying off list because this is getting pretty far removed from Racket: if
you were experiencing wrist pain when using emacs, that's probably indicative
of RSI problems just under the surface. Take this stuff seriously; if you
address the problem at the first hint of discomfort, you're generally fine; if
you wait until it becomes a problem, you'll never fully recover (as friends of
mine found out).

Anyhow, as a 20-year Emacs user, I can guess what bad typing habit you have.
You should *always* cross-shift. IE, one hand presses shift/ctrl/whatever, and
the other presses the key. Ctrl-X is done with Ctrl on the right hand, and x on
the left. This is always better for your hands/wrists, no matter the editor.
But with Emacs, not cross-shifting is usually how people hurt themselves.

Get yourself a split keyboard, type correctly, and stop doing something if it
hurts, and you'll be fine for decades. "It hurts" is the best reason ever to
avoid Emacs ... but also to cross-shift in vi :)

Cheers,
Thomas